Active Adventure Jungle & Multisport
9 Days / 8 Nights
8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Day 1 Arrival – San Jose You will be greeted outside of the San Jose airport by our bilingual representative for the comfortable and short drive to your hotel. There we will give you all the necessary documents for your trip. Then you will have a chance to unpack, unwind and settle in for your first night in our tropical paradise. Meals are on your own.
Overnight at San Jose: Situated on a shady street just off Paseo Colon, San Jose’s main thoroughfare, Hotel Grano de Oro is a true oasis, a sanctuary in the heart of the city. Converted from a Tropical Victorian mansion, the 40-room hotel maintains the warmth and comfort of a private home. Hallways lined with period photographs and original art meander through the building and present lush tropical flower arrangements and luxurious plants at every turn. The restaurant at the Grano de Oro is one of San José’s finest, serving continental cuisine in a warm and intimate atmosphere. Service is paramount and the perpetually smiling staff of the Grano de Oro welcomes guests home time and again.
- Day 2 San Jose – Tortuguero Canals by kayakAfter an early morning departure from San José, you will travel east, riding thru Braulio Carrillo National Park. You’ll breakfast at Río Danta. Now in the Atlantic lowlands, you will be driven thru banana plantations until you reach our starting point at Suerte River. Guides will begin the briefing to become familiarized with your boats, gear and safety issues. Lunch will be along the way after an hour paddle down the river, in the middle of the tropical forest. After lunch, you will continue to meander in this lush forest with amazing flora and fauna. Late afternoon arrival at Mawamba lodge, you will have a welcome cocktail and dinner here tonight. You will stay overnight at Mawamba Lodge, which is situated in the Northeast area of Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast on a sand bar between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Sea, an excellent location that provides direct access to the beach and the canals.
- Day 3 Tortuguero Canals by kayak – Tortuguero National ParkToday, after breakfast, paddling will take you to an exploration of a lifetime in Samay Laguna. Here you will board the kayaks for a 3 to 4 hours exploration of the area. The magical entrance to Laguna Nueve and a brief visit to the beach will be some of the day’s highlights. Wonderful clean waters and total solitude will be part of the experience. Lunch is served on site and then you’ll return to Mawamba Lodge. In the afternoon you will take another boat tour to admire the canals of Tortuguero National Park. This is a wonderful and interesting experience where you can see abundant flora and fauna of Tortuguero National Park (entrance fee not included). Return to the lodge to have free time: you might take a siesta, enjoy the pool or take a walk to the beach. Dinner will be at the lodge and a free night will follow.
- Day 4 Tortuguero Canals – Arenal Breakfast will be served between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. After breakfast you will begin your trip back to Caño Blanco dock, and from there, to your lunch site. At this point you will be picked up by private transportation for a scenic drive northwest to the lowlands of the north and the Arenal area where you will spend the next 2 nights. Upon arrival you’ll check in, walk through the property and get ready to relax and enjoy the volcano view.
- Overnight at Arenal Volcano: Arenal Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens provides a uniquely natural experience. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of its 40 spacious casitas provides an exclusive retreat in which guests can relax amidst the breathtaking view of the volcano. The hotel’s deluxe tropical architecture mirrors the beauty of Costa Rica’s natural wonders and gives the opportunity to enjoy the best of the authentic Costa Rica hospitality.
- Day 5 Cerro Chato Hike – Tabacon Hot SpringsAfter breakfast you will begin the journey by traveling from La Fortuna around the Volcán Arenal to the hotel Observatory Lodge”, where you begin the walk toward the Cerro Chato through a very dense primary forest. While there you’ll visit the lake, where you can swim, take pictures and get to know the surroundings. After that, you continue your descent surrounded by a very dense forest where birds, plants, animals, immense trees and insects can be appreciated and one can feel the sensation of freedom of this beautiful landscape. The walk will end at La Fortuna Waterfall, where you will descend to the river and enjoy beautiful natural landscape. After a refreshing swim you will return to your resort. Then at night, you will be taken to Tabacon Resort and Hot Springs where you will experience one of the world’s most amazing offerings. The hot springs are fed by an underground river heated naturally by the Arenal Volcano to the perfect temperature of 101 degrees. After a great buffet dinner, you will be driven back to your hotel for your wonderful night’s rest. All meals included.
- Day 6 Arenal- Canopy San Lorenzo – Manuel Antonio BeachAfter breakfast, you will be picked up to start your trip to the San Lorenzo Canopy tour; here you will experience the rainforest from the top of the trees. It’s called the canopy and you’ll be attached to a zip line using professional climbing equipment and slide from tree to tree over the forest, just like Toucans do. This is an experience that is enjoyed only once, as you slide from one platform to the next flying thru the canopy. Canopy San Lorenzo is located in the middle of a tropical forest reserve in a beautiful area full of orchids, bromeliads and other ornamental plants. Finally, after only a short walk, you will have a delicious lunch and then you will continue your drive to reach the Central Pacific and Manuel Antonio area.
- Overnight at Arenas Del Mar Beach and Nature Resort: All guestrooms offer spectacular views of the Manuel Antonio National Park, the Pacific Ocean and the tropical rainforest. The great advantage of the guestrooms at Arenas Del Mar is that they are located on a secluded beach. The rooms are designed to offer maximum comfort while taking into consideration the surrounding environment. The buildings housing the guestrooms were altered to fit around existing trees, water is heated with solar panels and grey water is reused for irrigation.
- Day 7 Manuel Antonio National Park Nature Walk Enjoy another great, healthy breakfast and then it’s off to meet your certified naturalist guide for a walk through one of the most fascinating national parks in Costa Rica. You will see Sloth, White Face Monkeys, Squirrel Monkeys, Iguanas, numerous birds and more exotic plant life than you can imagine. Your guide will have a complete and interesting story about everything you see. Following this walking tour you will take a short drive back to the resort. In the afternoon, relax or take an additional tour, to add more adrenaline to your trip with activities like a Sailing Tour, Snorkeling, ATV or visiting the Botanical Garden (not included). At night you will have time to explore the surroundings for a great place to eat.
- Day 8 Savegre River White Water Rafting Class III-IV: today is a day packed with adrenaline and adventure! You will be picked up for a 1 hour and 15 minute drive to Quepos town where you will meet your guides for this white water experience, then another hour and a half will put you right on the Savegre River where you will white water raft. This class II-III adventure will be the perfect time to use your waterproof disposable camera (bring one!). Your specialized guides will make this an unforgettable experience. After your 2½ hour rafting trip, a delicious typical lunch will be served and then you will head back to your hotel to relax.
- Day 9 Departure from San Jose International Airport: we will drive you back to the airport at the appropriate time to catch your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to the new friends you have made in Costa Rica.
Note: Cost does not apply to New Year’s or Easter week and it is subject to availability of hotels and tours.
- 1 night of lodging at Hotel Grano de Oro (4 stars) in a Standard room.
- 2 nights of lodging at Mawamba Lodge (3 stars) in a Standard room.
- 2 nights of lodging at Arenal Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens (4 stars) in a Casita Deluxe room.
- 3 nights of lodging at Arenas Del Mar Beach and Nature Resort (4 stars) in an Ocean Breeze Superior room.
- Kayaks, equipment and guide (25 pounds of luggage per person allowed).
- Land transportation San José – Put in / Guapiles
- Land transportation Caño Blanco – San Jose
- Kayaking Guápiles – Tortuguero
- Kayaking tour in Tortuguero
- Tortuguero Canals Tour, including naturalist guide.
- Private transportation from the dock to Arenal Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- Cerro Chato Hike including transportation, entrance fee, lunch & guide.
- Tabacon Hot Springs including transportation, entrance fee, and dinner. (Night shift from 6 pm thru 10 pm)
- Private transportation from Arenal Nayara Hotel to Canopy San Lorenzo & Arenas Del Mar Beach Resort in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- Canopy San Lorenzo including transportation, equipment, lunch and guides.
- Manuel Antonio National Park Tour including transportation, entrance fee and guide.
- Savegre River White Water Rafting including transportation, equipment, lunch and guides.
- Private transportation from Arenas del Mar Hotel to Juan Santamaria International Airport in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- Meals as described above (8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners).
- Meet and greet at San Jose airport with VIP service inside the terminal.
- All airport transfers.24 hour travel assistance.
- Airfare and Airport tax at your departure US $ 26 per person (cash only).
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee US $ 10 per person (cash only).
- Turtle Nesting Tour US $30 per person, only available at the Lodge.
- Meals and other services not mentioned above.
- Gratuities for guides and providers based on quality of service.