7 Days / 6 Nights
San Jose – Arenal Volcano – Toro River White Water Rafting – Arenal to Monteverde Lake crossing – Monteverde – Sky Trek (Canopy Experience) – Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve Naturalist Hike – Jaco Beach (Herradura Beach) – Tarcoles River Jungle Safari – San Jose
- Day 1: (Morning or noon arrivals recommend) Arrival – San Jose – Arenal area: you are greeted outside of the San Jose airport and helped with your bags for the comfortable drive to your hotel in the Arenal Volcano Area. There we will give you all the necessary documentations and instructions for your trip. The 3½ hour drive will be very scenic as you go across the Central Volcanic Mountain Range. Coffee plantations and dairy farms, mixed with the forest into an amazing symphony of greens. At your arrival check in, walk through the property and get ready to relax and enjoy the volcano view and the hot springs. Now, you are welcome to unpack, unwind and settle in for your first night in our tropical paradise.
The Arenal Springs Hotel offers the perfect combination between relaxation, comfort, and exuberant tropical scenery, as well as the best view of the Arenal Volcano from any vantage point on the premises. The Hotel features colonial style rooms, with all the amenities that one can expect from a 60-room mountain retreat, (6 rooms are especially designed for the handicapped). Each room can accommodate up to five people, and they feature their own terrace, king or queen size beds, air conditioning, cable TV, ceiling fan, refrigerator, telephone, security box, private bathroom, hair dryer, and lush tropical gardens. At their restaurant, they offer an exquisite variety of National and International dishes in a completely natural ambiance and welcoming atmosphere. While at their restaurant, you may also enjoy a magnificent view of the Arenal Volcano.
Arenal Volcano is by far the most active volcano in Costa Rica and as well one of the most active in the world with daily eruptions. This makes the area of Arenal and La Fortuna a fascinating tourist destination that attracts foreigners as well as the residents of Costa Rica.
- Day 2: Toro River White Water Rafting: today, after breakfast, you will start the adventure. You will be picked up to go for a 1 hour t drive o reach The Río Toro. It explodes with a series of over 45 continuous class 3-4 rapids – you’ll spend more than 2½ hours rafting through unexplored, tropical wilderness on a personalized, small-group tour. Bring on the adrenaline!!! Experienced and first-time rafters love the Río Toro for full-day, class 3-4 rafting. The Río Toro offers over 45-continuous rapids along more than 16 kilometers of deep-canyon gorges and waterfalls where we often see sloths, monkeys and tropical birds, such as toucans and the Montezuma Oropendula. Imagine rafting through exciting, action-packed rapids with names like “morning coffee,” “the Danish Taco,” “coco loco,” “the eraser,” and the famous “B-F-W!” Once at the river, their experienced guides will give you a thorough safety talk, get you set up with your helmet, life jacket and paddle and then you’re off – you’ll be paddling for more than 2½ hours – you’ll stop along the way for a nice, tropical fruit break and afterward they will take you out for a typical Costa Rican “casado” lunch. You’ll return to La Fortuna and the Arenal Area around 4:00pm.You could relax on the hot springs of your hotel. The hotel features swimming pools with natural hot springs at temperature ranges between 37 and 40 ° C (99 to 104 ° F and PH 6.70) surrounding by beautiful gardens with an amazing view to the majestic Arenal volcano.
- Day 3: Lake crossing to Monteverde – Sky Trek (Canopy Experience): enjoy another great, healthy breakfast and following it you will be driven to Arenal Lake where you will board a boat that will take you across the lake for an amazing trip to Monteverde. At the other side of the lake, a vehicle will be waiting to transfer you to Monteverde and your hotel. Check into your hotel and relax with the sunset overlooking the Nicoya Gulf and explore the gastronomy of this little town.Then get ready as you will experience what the Toucans feel while they are flying over the Cloud Forest. The Sky Trek is a system of zip lines attached to steel structures and with professional climbing equipment you will slide from one platform to another “flying” over the cloud forest of Monteverde. This will be an experience you’ll never forget!
El Establo is situated in the heart of the tourist zone of Monteverde 7 kms from the Santa Elena Rain Forest and 4 kms from the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Quaker friendship awaits you at this hotel, set in a private 150-acre farm (50% protected primary forest) adjacent to the Monteverde Reserve.
The hotel features 155 Rooms, Tennis, basketball and soccer courts, 2 indoor tempered swimming pools, 2 bars , Gym , Spa , Conference Center and 2 Restaurants.
Monteverde is not only the name of a small town but the name is also used to describe the whole zone. There are three communities in the “urban area”: Santa Elena is the largest, with a bank, shops and the local high school, and then next along the road is Cerro Plano and finally, Monteverde. Besides the natural beauty of the place, the tiny, progressive community of Monteverde is itself worth a visit. Quakers from North America came here in 1951, drawn by Costa Rica’s disarmed environment. They set up a business that now makes some of the finest cheese in the country. The Quakers bought milk form neighboring farmers and invited them to become shareholders – today there are about 430, including milk producers, employees and neighbors.
- Day 4: Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve Naturalist Hike: you will enjoy another wonderful breakfast and off you go again. We’ve hired a professional Naturalist Guide to escort you through an incredible part of the Monteverde Cloud Forest. This tour is an easy, guided hike where you will receive information about the interesting things that are there for you to witness up close and personal. The rest of your day is free and can be enjoyed as you wish. You could take a Spa Service, enjoy the pool or just relax. Or you could add an additional tour like a Coffee Tour, Monteverde Train Forest, “El Trapiche”, the Frog Pond, The Bat Jungle, Hanging Bridges, Hummingbirds, and Butterfly Gardens or visiting the Cheese Factory, just let us know and we will gladly make the arrangements for you.
- Day 5: Monteverde – Herradura Beach: after another healthy and satisfying breakfast, you will be picked up to start a wonderful trip across the Central Volcanic Mountain Range that should last 3½ hours of an exciting drive with magnificent views to reach Hermosa Beach area and check into Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort.
Nestled on the warm Pacific waters, Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort sets on a 1,100 acre rainforest featuring magnificent colonial architecture and capturing the region’s natural splendor. La Iguana Golf Course offers not only a challenging layout, but a gallery of friendly monkeys & brightly hued macaws. The resort offers spacious rooms with stunning mountain or ocean views and has just about everything under the sun, including the Stellaris Casino, Poseidon Fitness & Spa and nearby Marina with 250 slips.
- Day 6: Tarcoles River Jungle Safari: after another healthy and satisfying breakfast and according to the tide, you are off to experience The Tarcoles River Jungle Safari. You board a custom riverboat and slowly float down the Tarcoles River for a unique way to view the wildlife that lives on the riverbanks. Scarlet Macaws, huge crocodiles, 120 species of birds, lizards and many other members or Costa Rica’s eco system are among the things you will want to take pictures of. Enjoy complimentary refreshments and fresh fruit as you make your way back through this estuary and bid farewell to your local guide. Now it’s off to your resort that’s majestic and spiritual sunsets are guaranteed to take your breath away. At night you could explore the surroundings for a great place to eat. (If you’d like we can suggest places for you). Enjoy your last night in paradise.
- Day 7: Herradura Beach – San Jose (Afternoon departure recommended): after breakfast, you will be driven back to the airport at the appropriate time (approximate pickup time 5 hours prior to your flight as you have to be at the airport 3 hours in advance) to catch your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to the new friends you have made in Costa Rica.
High Season 2011: US $ 1,235 per person based on double occupancy. Single supplement US $ 850
Valid from January, 2011 thru April, 2011 and from July, 2011 thru August, 2011
Green Season 2011: US $ 1,150 per person based on double occupancy. Single supplement US $760
Valid from May, 2011 thru June, 2011 and from September, 2011 thru October, 2011
- Price does not apply to New Year’s or Easter week and it is subject to availability of hotels and tours.
- Depending on the hotels, July and August are considered High Season
- 2 nights of lodging Arenal Springs Hotel (4 stars) in a Double Jr. Suite room.
- 2 nights of lodging at El Establo Hotel (4 stars) in a Double Deluxe room.
- 2 nights of lodging at Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort (5 stars) in a Double Mountain Deluxe room.
- Private transportation from the International airport to Arenal Springs Hotel in an air-conditioned van with a bilingual driver/guide.
- Toro River White Water Rafting including transportation, equipment, lunch and guide.
- Lake crossing to Monteverde.
- Sky Trek Canopy Tour, including transportation, entrance fee, equipment and specialist guides.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve Naturalist Hike, including transportation, entrance fee, slide show and Naturalist guide.
- Private transportation from El Establo Hotel to Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort in an A/C van with a semi-bilingual driver/guide.
- Tarcoles River Jungle Safari Tour, including transportation, boat and Naturalist Guide.
- Private transportation from Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort to Juaqn Sanatamaria International Airport in an A/C van with a bilingual driver/guide.
- Meals (6 breakfasts, 1 Lunch).
- Meet and greet at San Jose airport with VIP service inside the terminal.
- All transfers to and from the airport.
- 24 tours travel assistance.
- Airfare and Airport tax at your departure US $ 26 (cash only).
- Meals and other services not mentioned above.
- Gratuities for guides and providers based on quality of service.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO ENTER COSTA RICA
Costa Rica is a democracy, has no standing army, and is arguably the most environmentally friendly country in Latin America. Come to Costa Rica for the natural beauty….stay for the adventure!