9 Days / 8 Nights
8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
Day 1 Arrival – San Jose
You will be greeted outside of the San Jose airport by our bilingual representative for the comfortable and short drive to your hotel. There we will give you all the necessary documents for your trip. Then you will have the opportunity to unpack, unwind and settle in for your first night in our tropical paradise. Meals are on your own.
Overnight in San Jose Downtown: at the Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown is conveniently located in the heart of the city, only 15 km from Juan Santamaria International Airport. It is a short distance away from casinos, night clubs, bars, restaurants, The National Theatre, Museum of Jade, Museum of Oro and parks that are part of the national heritage, among many other tourist attractions.
Day 2 San Jose – Arenal – La Fortuna Waterfall & Sky Trek (Canopy Adventure)
After breakfast private transportation will take you north toward Arenal Volcano. En-route you will stop and hike to La Fortuna Waterfall where you may go swimming (weather dependent). Then we will take you for lunch and in the afternoon you will go zipping across the canopy of the rainforest. It begins with a 20 minute tram ride to the highest point within the Arenal Reserve from which the views of the volcano and the lake are unsurpassed. Next, it’s on with the harnesses and helmets as we get ready to fly above the treetops on a series of cabled zip-lines. All in all, there are roughly 1.7 miles of lines that connect platform to platform. While the ride is thrilling, it also provides a panoramic view of the marvelous scenery and biodiversity for which Costa Rica is renowned. Then, you continue to you hotel in Arenal where we spend the next two nights.
Overnight at Arenal: the Arenal Springs Hotel offers the perfect combination between relaxation, comfort, and exuberant tropical scenery, as well as the best view of the Arenal Volcano from any vantage point on the premises. The hotel features colonial style rooms, with all the amenities that one can expect from a 60-room mountain retreat, (6 rooms are especially designed for the handicapped). The hotel’s restaurant also provides a magnificent view of the Arenal Volcano.
Day 3 Lost Canyon Tour (Rappelling) – Tabacon Hot Springs
Your day begins with a 30-minute 4×4 drive into a tropical Rainforest outside the town of La Fortuna. You will see many different indigenous plants and animals along the way. You then trek through the forest on magical trails that lead to some of the most spectacular waterfalls in Costa Rica, a place very few people get to experience. Along the way you will have the chance to see monkeys, toucans; sloth’s, parrots and discover the secrets that lie hidden deep in the canyon. Lost Canyon Adventure is an experience of a lifetime – go where very few have had the privilege to roam! Imagine yourself in the midst of thick rainforest at the top of a magical canyon full of tropical waterfalls with surprises each step of the way. When you arrive at the waterfall, you will rappel from the top down into the beautiful pristine canyon below. After trekking through the canyon you will rappel down more waterfalls, and then you will enjoy a delicious typical meal! At the end, you will be dropped off at your hotel. Then at night, you will be taken to Tabacon Resort and Hot Springs where you will experience one of the world’s most amazing offerings: hot springs that are fed by an underground river heated naturally by the Arenal Volcano to the perfect temperature of 101 degrees. After a great buffet dinner, you will be driven back to your hotel for a wonderful night of rest. All meals are included.
Day 4 Arenal – Lake Crossing to Monteverde
Enjoy another great, healthy breakfast and afterwards you will be driven to Arenal Lake where you will board a boat that will take you across the lake for an amazing trip to Monteverde. At the other side of the lake, a vehicle will be waiting to transfer you to Monteverde and your hotel. Check into your hotel and relax with the sunset overlooking the Nicoya Gulf and explore the gastronomy of this little town.
Overnight at Monteverde: El Establo Hotel is situated in the heart of the tourist zone of Monteverde, 7 kms from the Santa Elena Rain Forest and 4 kms from the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Quaker friendship awaits you at this hotel, set in a private 150-acre farm (50% protected primary forest) adjacent to the Monteverde Reserve. The hotel features 155 Rooms, tennis, basketball and soccer courts, 2 indoor tempered swimming pools, 2 bars, gym, spa, conference center and 2 restaurants.
Day 5 Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve Naturalist Hike
You will enjoy another wonderful breakfast and off you go again. We’ve hired a professional Naturalist Guide to escort you through an incredible part of the Monteverde Cloud Forest. This tour is an easy, guided hike where you will receive information about the interesting things that are there for you to witness up close and personal. The rest of your day is free and can be enjoyed as you wish. You could enjoy the hotel facilities or you could add an additional tour like a Coffee Tour, Monteverde Train Forest, “El Trapiche”, the Frog Pond, The Bat Jungle, Hanging Bridges, Hummingbirds, and Butterfly Gardens or visiting the Cheese Factory, just let us know and we will gladly make the arrangements for you.
Day 6 Monteverde- Tamarindo Beach (North Pacific)
After breakfast, you will be picked up to start your trip to the lowlands of the North Pacific, a favorite beach destination in Costa Rica, passing the towns of Cañas and Liberia as you make your way to Tamarindo Beach on the Pacific slope.
Overnight at Tamarindo: Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort is truly the ideal place to forget everything. Tamarindo Beach is one hour away from the Daniel Oduber International Airport located just outside of Liberia. You will find yourself relaxing peacefully to the sounds of the ocean, wildlife, and nature that will certainly boost your outdoor adrenaline. Each sunset will definitely be unforgettable! Whether from the restaurant or the balcony of your room, you will be able to appreciate the incredible array of colors in the sky as the sun hides behind the sea. All of this of course, will be accompanied by the whisper of the ocean and the fresh sea breeze.
Day 7 Ocean Kayaking Outrigger Canoe
After breakfast you will go to Pan de Azucar Beach. There the centuries of refinement and the outrigger canoe remains basically unchanged. Now you will have the chance to share in the adventurous spirit of the early explorers. Imagine yourself cruising silently past spectacular cliffs full of pelicans and frigate birds in a craft pioneered by the Polynesians and perfected for tourists in Costa Rica. There will be great chances for snorkeling and a lot of fun. You will be back to the hotel for lunch and relaxation in the afternoon.
Day 8 Open day
You can enjoy the hotel facilities, explore the surroundings or take an additional tour like a surfing class, deep sea fishing, a sunset cruise, a horseback riding tour, an ATV tour or a mountain bike tour. Just let us know and we’ll gladly arrange it for you. Enjoy your last night in paradise.
Day 9 Departure from Liberia International Airport
Today, we will drive you back to Liberia Airport at the appropriate time to catch your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to the new friends you have made in Costa Rica.
High Season 2011: US $ 3,840 per family based on quadruple occupancy.
Valid from November, 2010 thru April, 2011 and from July, 2011 thru August, 2011.
Green Season 2011: US $ 3,480 per family based on quadruple occupancy.
Valid from May, 2011 thru June, 2011 and from September, 2011 thru October, 2011
- Cost does not apply to New Year’s or Easter week and it is subject to availability of hotels and tours.
- The cost is based on a family of 4: 2 adults & 2 kids sharing room.
- Children rates apply for children under 11 years and sharing room with parents.
- 1 night of lodging at Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Hotel (4 stars) in a Standard room.
- 2 nights of lodging at Arenal Springs Hotel (4 stars) in a Jr. Suite room.
- 2 nights of lodging at El Establo Hotel (4 stars) in a Deluxe room.
- 3 nights of lodging at Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort (4 stars) in a Sunset Ocean View room.
- Private transportation from Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Hotel to La Fortuna Waterfall, Sky Trek Tour & Arenal Springs Hotel in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- La Fortuna Waterfall including transportation, equipment and entrance fee.
- Sky Tram & Sky Trek Tour (Canopy Experience), including transportation, equipment, entrance fee and Specialist Guides.
- Lost Canyon Tour, including transportation, equipment, lunch and specialist guides.
- Tabacon Hot Springs including transportation, entrance fee, and dinner. (Night shift from 6 pm thru 10 pm)
- Jeep – Boat Jeep (Lake crossing) from Arenal to Monteverde.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve Naturalist Hike, including transportation, entrance fee, slide show and Naturalist guide.
- Private transportation from El Establo Hotel to Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- Ocean Kayaking Outrigger Canoe including transportation, equipment, snack, fruits and guide.
- Private transportation from Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort to Daniel Oduber International Liberia Airport in an A/C van with a semi-bilingual driver/guide.
- Meals as described above (8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Meet and greet at San Jose airport with VIP service inside the terminal.
- All airport transfers.
- 24 hour travel assistance.
- Airfare and Airport tax at your departure US $ 26 per person (cash only).
- Meals and other services not mentioned above.
- Gratuities for guides and providers based on quality of service.