7 Days / 6 Nights
Day 1 Arrival – San Jose – Arenal
You will be greeted outside of the San Jose airport by our bilingual representative. Then you will continue on a 3 -hour drive to your resort where you will have a chance to unpack, unwind and settle in for your first night in our tropical paradise.
Overnight at Arenal: Arenal Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens provides a uniquely natural experience. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of its 40 spacious casitas provides an exclusive retreat in which guests can relax amidst the breathtaking view of the volcano. The hotel’s deluxe tropical architecture mirrors the beauty of Costa Rica’s natural wonders and gives the opportunity to enjoy the best of the authentic Costa Rica hospitality.
Day 2 Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall & Sky Tram & Trek
After an early breakfast you will be driven to the town of La Fortuna, where you will enjoy a horseback ride and hike to a waterfall in the middle of the Rain Forest. The horseback ride will take place on the road to the waterfall and at the end of the road you will continue on foot, a walk down a trail all the way to the base of the water fall, which is 65 m high. In the afternoon, store up some energy, as it will be time for the Sky Trek & Sky Tram! You will take a tram that allows you to have a different view for observing the canopy of the Rain Forest and after the 10-minute Sky Tram is completed it is time for a different kind of adrenalin rush. The Sky Trek! Finally, you’ll have a wonderful night’s rest.
Day 3 Arenal – Outrigger Canoe & Snorkeling Tour – Jaco (Herradura) Beach
After breakfast, start a wonderful trip to the Central Pacific and there you will have the chance to share in the adventurous spirit of the early explorers. Imagine yourself cruising silently past spectacular cliffs full of pelicans and frigate birds in a craft pioneered by the Polynesians and perfected for tourists in Costa Rica. There are great chances for snorkeling and a lot of fun.
Overnight at Herradura Beach: nestled on the warm Pacific waters, Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort sets on a 1,100 acre rainforest featuring magnificent colonial architecture and capturing the region’s natural splendor. La Iguana Golf Course offers not only a challenging layout, but a gallery of friendly monkeys & brightly hued macaws. The resort offers spacious rooms with stunning mountain or ocean views and has just about everything under the sun, including the Stellaris Casino, Poseidon Fitness & Spa and nearby Marina with 250 ships.
Day 4 Carara National Park Walk
This transitional Tropical Forest, between Tropical Rain Forest and Tropical Dry Forest will be perfect opportunity to learn about and admire the fragile ecosystems and have a good chance of wildlife observation as you hike through its trails.
Day 5 Tarcoles Boat Safari Tour
You board a custom riverboat and slowly float down the Tarcoles River for a unique way to view the wildlife that lives on the riverbanks. Scarlet Macaws, huge crocodiles, 120 species of birds, lizards and many other members or Costa Rica’s ecosystem are among the things you will want to take pictures of.
Day 6 Open Day
Begin the day with no scheduled activities. Relax and explore on your own. You could add another tour to your adventure trip like a horseback ride, an ATV Tour, Catamaran, Snorkeling & Outriggers, Aerial Tram, Canopy Tour, etc. Just let us know and we will gladly make the arrangements for you. Enjoy your last night in paradise.
Day 7 Departure
Today, you will be picked up and driven back to the airport at the appropriate time to catch your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to the new friends you have made in Costa Rica.
Osa Peninsula extension package available, please contact us for details.
High Season 2011: US $ 3,780 per family based on quadruple occupancy.
Valid from November, 2010 thru April, 2011 and from July, 2011 thru August, 2011
Green Season 2011: US $ 3,260 per family based on quadruple occupancy.
Valid from May, 2011 thru June, 2011 and from September, 2011 thru October, 2011
- Cost does not apply to New Year’s or Easter week and it is subject to availability of hotels and tours.
- The cost is based on a family of 4: 2 adults & 2 kids sharing room.
- Children rates apply to children under 11 years and sharing room with parents.
- 2 nights of lodging at Arenal Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens (4 stars) in a Casita Deluxe room.
- 4 nights of lodging at Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort (5 stars) in a Deluxe Mountain View room.
- Private transportation from Juan Santamaria International Airport to Hotel Arenal Nayara in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- La Fortuna Waterfall Horseback Ride & Hike, including transportation, equipment, entrance fee and local guide.
- Sky Tram & Sky Trek Tour (Canopy Experience), including transportation, equipment, entrance fee and Specialist Guides.
- Private transportation from Hotel Arenal Nayara to Outrigger Canoe & Snorkeling Tour & Los Sueños Marriott Resort in an A/C van with a bilingual driver.
- Outrigger Canoe & Snorkeling Tour including equipment, fruits and guide.
- Carara National Park Walk including transportation, entrance fee and Specialist guide.
- Tarcoles River Jungle Safari Tour, including transportation, boat and Naturalist Guide.
- Private transportation from Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort to Juan Santamaria International Airport in an A/C van with a bilingual driver/guide.
- Meals (6 Breakfasts).
- Meet and greet at San Jose airport with VIP service inside the terminal.
- All airport transfers.
- 24 hour travel assistance.
- Airfare and Airport tax at your departure US $ 26 per person (cash only).
- Meals and other services not mentioned above.
- Gratuities for guides and providers based on quality of service.